GWR Policy Update - Limited Live Arrival Guarantee!

Green Water Ranchu has decided to update our policy for Live Arrival Guarantee to covering overnight shipments only. The reason for this change is simple.

"There is too much risk involved in shipping any live animals in other than overnight shipping speed. To ensure that my goldfish arrive alive -- only overnight shipments will be eligible for GWR's Live Arrival Guarantee. If a goldfish expires in an overnight shipment -- more then likely there was an error made while packing the goldfish on my end."

I cannot guarantee that my goldfish will arrive to you alive if it is left out in the wilderness for extended periods of time -- nor can I guarantee the survival of my fish in conditions beyond my control (i.e. your fish tank). If I did that, firstly, it would be financially unwise, and secondly, It would be like a car dealership telling you "if anything happens to your car in the next 1-year -- scratches, broken windshield, slashed tires, vandalism, a car accident etc... bring the car back and we will give you a new one for free!"

That situation just isn't going to happen in real life. No dealership would take the risk for that, or any amount of time once the car leaves their lot because damage to your vehicle, wear and tear included, is inevitable.

If you did buy a car, and the cars engine blew up on you on the way home, likely something went wrong, and its the car dealerships fault. Normally, they would cover such a thing. The same applies for goldfish. If you did order a goldfish from me, and you did pay overnight shipping, and the goldfish did arrive to you DOA -- then it is more then likely that I might have made an error while packing the goldfish, and with that, you are eligible for a replacement fish if and only if when you opened the box as soon as you got it, and checked the status of the fish, and reported it accordingly to me within the 15-minutes of receiving the goldfish.

I understand overnight shipping is expensive, but, its a small price to pay when you are talking about a living animals life -- your future pet -- an addition to the family.

I am an independent goldfish breeder, enthusiast, and hobbyist, and not some large company that imports goldfish from other countries for change on the dollar, resulting in a large margin of profit off of each goldfish sale, but, I do breed my own fish, and they do, over the course of many months that i am raising them to be sold, incur maintenance and care costs. With that being said, I do try to keep the prices for my goldfish reasonable, so that faster shipping becomes more of an option for everyone.

Lastly, I did want to stress, that 100% of my fish shipments via UPS and FedEx Express have all arrived alive, even at 4-days (having been delayed 1 additional day.) So, ordering goldfish with 3rd day delivery is generally safe. I would prefer people to choose 2nd day over 3rd day, or Overnight delivery, but, I am leaving this option up to you. However, if you goldfish does arrive DOA, and you qualify for a replacement goldfish, as per my terms listed HERE:

"...If we DO choose to replace a DOA goldfish, we will gladly do so for FREE but, you will be responsible for the shipping costs on the replacement goldfish order, and it must be OVERNIGHT shipping. I am not doing this again, and again, and again -- I am a small operation, and do not have UNLIMITED goldfish to provide."
... You MUST then pay for overnight shipping to get a replacement goldfish from me. There is no option for you in this matter. If you are getting a FREE replacement goldfish -- it will by on my terms.

Popular posts from this blog

The Marimo Moss Ball

Revealing What Green Water Goldfish IS

Checkout with PayPal